The next creative challenge from Eltham Arts is a competition to design a postcard that shows Eltham as an attractive and creative place to live, work or visit.
You don’t have to be an expert artist to enter. Be a part of creative Eltham – it’s your community!
Prizes and awards for all age groups and special prizes. This competition is organised by Eltham Arts.
For more information contact email@example.com or call 020 8859 4678. You can also follow us on twitter @elthamarts.
1. Entry is free and all ages can enter. Up to 3 entries are allowed per person. You must write on the back of each entry in pencil, your name, age [if under 18], email address/ telephone number and the title for your postcard.
2. If you are under 18 your parent/guardian must give permission by signing the back of each entry and giving their name and contact details.
3. Entries must be placed in an envelope. Envelopes must be clearly marked A POSTCARD FROM ELTHAM. Multiple entries from schools can be placed in one envelope. Entries can be posted or delivered by hand to either of the following addresses. • Eltham Arts c/o 17 Greenholm Road, Eltham, London SE9 1UQ • Eltham Library, The Eltham Centre, 2 Archery Road, Eltham SE9 1HA
4. The closing date for entry is Sunday 1st March 2015. After this date no further entries will be accepted. Your entry will not be returned.
5. There will be prizes and awards in two categories, under 18 and over 18, and some special prizes. Winning entries may be turned into postcards and used to promote and celebrate Eltham.
6. Each entry must be on A5 size stiff paper or thin card. Your design must be original, not infringe any copyright and must contain or have the words ‘a Postcard from Eltham’ on it. This can be small but must be readable. You can also give your work a title if you choose
7. You may use any medium. For example, water colour, charcoal, pen and ink or acrylic or mixed media such as collage. Your design can be abstract or realistic and can use letters as part of the design.
8. Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges. The judges will be looking for original design and an imaginative use of colour and form as well as technical skill in the use of the medium you have chosen. Above all the judges will be looking for entries that show Eltham as a great place where people will want to visit or live.
9. The judge’s decision in all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. There will be a celebratory event on World Book Night 23rd April 2015 when the winners will be announced.
11. There will be an exhibition and maybe a sale of the original artwork. Selected designs will be printed as postcards and sold. All profits will be donated to local groups and charities.
12. In entering the competition you agree to the use of your entry in any publicity material or publication in relation to or designated by Eltham Arts. The copyright remains with the artist
13. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions and has read and accepts all the rules for the contest.